Thursday, January 14, 2010

Special Moments with Dad

So I'm working on a sketch upstairs in the designated TV room when I realize my father has fallen asleep mid-click, and I'm now forced to either pry the clicker from his meaty hands and hope not to wake him, or watch whatever is on. Luckily he fell asleep mid-click on a mildly entertaining new show called Men of a Certain Age with Ray Ramono, so I decided to watch it.

The show starts out with Ray's character having a black-eye and then the episode is him telling the story of how he got the black eye.

So I'm watching, now with sincere earnest, dying to know how he got his black eye, when my father wakes up and immediately resumes the channel surfing, not skipping a beat, and also not realizing he'd taken a 30 minute nap in between flips. He also didn't realize that I'd gotten desperately interested in a show where a 40 year old gets a black eye. I must know what happened! So I ask him to switch it back and he obliges.

Shortly after that the sex scene starts. I'm not even uncomfortable watching the sex scene with my father, it's a TNT series so they were basically clothed. But then Ray Ramono's character pre-ejaculates and in his humiliation throws the girl off of him and runs for the bathroom. Still not awkward watching this with my father until my daddy asks me: "What just happened?"

Um, err, eee, uh, err...yeah.

Nothing like having the birds and the bees talk with your 65 year old daddy.

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

that made me laugh out loud. i felt like i was there. thank you.